OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE: Free Consultations for local businesses
January 28, 2016Website Design
10 useful tips to keep in mind when designing your website with an agency for the first time
Website design and development is an incredibly dynamic experience to embark upon for the uninitiated. In a highly saturated market like Dubai, it’s difficult putting in a blind trust with just any agency. Our team of experienced web designers has put together a list of mistakes to look out for when your website design company in Dubai is designing your website.
- User Interface (UI) & User Experience (UX) – are the two cornerstones of contemporary website design and development. Focusing on this reduces bounce rate, increases engagement rates, and promotes leads and conversions.
- Your content may be great, but its implementation into your website could make it lose its appeal. Be sure your content is legible and not put in massive blocks of text that don’t look appealing. Highlight the USPs within the design and keep only the most important words on the page.
- An extension of the above point: choosing the right font. Typography is a secret weapon in website design that many overlook. You may not realize it but a lot of times you’ll like a website design due to its apt typography. Depending on the kind of website you are creating, be sure to tell your web design agency to emphasize font choice.
- Don’t install incessant pop-ups asking visitors to register for your newsletter or product updates. Let it be part of the site where users will definitely see it and allow them to choose to do so without hindering their experience.
- Don’t clutter your website with unnecessary badges or dynamic boxes if they aren’t an inherent requirement. A clean and minimal User Interface promotes longer browse times.
- Use CSS over HTML tables.
- If you intend to do some A/B testing, don’t let user A onto site B. This seems obvious but there have been instances we’ve come across where the two sites haven’t been separated optimally.
- There’s just no need for pop-up windows anymore. Find a way to integrate all the information on a website page.
- Call-to-action is the end-all objective for most websites. Be sure it’s placed noticeably without compromising on your design. Many websites will give it too much importance by making it large, tacky, and right at the top. There are several ways to incorporate it tastefully without it losing its prominence with the user.
- Make all your inside-page links visible and try to keep each page with minimal information to decrease load times.
Want to know more about website design mistakes; visit Digital Evolutions, one of the reputable web development companies in Dubai.
Subscribe to our Blog
Subscribe to our Blog
Get our latest blog posts sent directly to your inbox. You’ll also receive our newsletter along with a look into our latest work.Subscribe